New Position - Second News Journalist
Due to the expansion of our Regional news hub, 2TM and 929 in Tamworth has an exciting opportunity for an experienced radio journalist to join our news team.
The position is a full-time role, based in Tamworth NSW. We are looking for someone with a positive, collaborative attitude who will be happy to embrace the Tamworth lifestyle.
Other requirements for this role include:-
• A positive attitude and be a team player
• Appropriate journalistic experience, skills and knowledge
• A confident and diverse reading style.
• A community focus, ensuring news content is developed in a way which builds local engagement
• Working with the Content Director when required to develop news strategies to engage our target audience.
• A sound understanding of media law and ethics • A current drivers licence
• Knowledge of social media and blog creation platforms
This role also includes the occasional co-hosting role with our announcers on both stations.
The ability to work independently as well as being part of the team is a must.
Tamworth is an exciting city in one of the fastest growing areas in Australia.
It boasts an exciting music community of many genres (not just country music), a funky coffee and food culture and a beautiful, relaxing country vibe.
If being part of a great team and a station that prides itself on quality news, sounds like you, send your application and demo to our General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org