top of page

2TM Regional News

Where did all the water go? New report reveals 2 trillion litres missing from Murray-Darling

A new report has revealed more than 2 trillion litres of water is missing from the Murray-Darling Basin.

The Australian government has spent almost $7 billion dollars on the Murray-Darling Basin Plan since its inception 15 years ago.

The Namoi River measured only 20% of expected flows during the 2018/2019 period, leaving the public wanting to know where the other 80% has gone.

Water is one of the biggest issues we face moving forward and intersects with every aspect of our lives.

92.9FM Journalist Toni Ambrogetti spoke with Richard Kingsford, leading water expert and co-author of the Wentworth report about water systems and the future of water sustainability for Tamworth and the North West, NSW.

Image - Namoi River, by Felix Andrews, Wikipedia Commons

bottom of page