Second Bobby Jacks Music Festival Set to be Bigger and Better
Walcha’s Bobby Jack’s Music festival has received a major boost ahead of its second year securing $20,000 in state government funding.
The festival will take place at the Walcha Showground on the 12th and 13th of April and will look to build on last year’s inaugural event which attracted around 800 people.
Festival organiser Hugh Cook says the funding will help the growth of the new festival.
"It'll help the growth of the festival as in keeping the quality to the standard needs to be a serious festival as far as production goes." Cook said.
The festival's bill is filled for the Saturday however local musician's still have an opportunity to be involved in the festival and can apply to play on Get Out of the Garage Stage on the Friday night.
Hugh encourages local artists to apply for the Friday night and says applications may lead to other opportunities later in the year.
"There's an opportunity for artists to apply for the Get out of the Garage stage which is being held on the Friday that application process will close at the end of the month." Cook said.
"We're wanting to get as many people to apply to play on that stage because weather or not they play we will have their details.
"We would hope to put on events throughout the year for whoever doesn't get to play on the day."
For more information or to apply visit https://bobbyjacks.com.au/