Flying sparks ignite wrecking yard fire
An accidental fire lit up a Taminda wrecking yard around 7 pm Monday 24th August destroying four cars.
South Tamworth Fire Crew 448A attended the scene to find four cars alight and the fire rapidly spreading towards a tyre rack.
The firefighters were quickly backed up by 448B crew and the teams aggressively attacked the fire bringing it under control before it could spread any further.
Fire crew P452 and Tamworth Rural Fire Service also provided backup due to the dangerous scene and potential for the fire to spread rapidly.
Only one person was injured with minor burns being treated at the scene by paramedics from NSW Ambulance Service.
The fire was accidentally started by workers using an angle grinder that sent sparks flying and caught alight in one of the vehicles.